Christian Preschool in Katy Growing in God
Preschool at Memorial Lutheran Church in Katy introduces children 18 months through age 4 to the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus through age-appropriate lessons. Our preschoolers are also well prepared to move into elementary school.
Led by the Holy Spirit, we exist, first and foremost, to help children know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. To this end, we strive to:
- Develop the child’s awareness of self-worth and personal identity as shown in Christ’s death and resurrection;
- Teach children about God’s creation through a strong, age-appropriate academic program and provide a foundation for all future learning in a Christ-centered, loving and safe environment;
- Support and equip the family by providing personal time and training for parents and connecting them to a church home;
- Be a beacon of light in our community.
Statement of Belief
Founded on the mission statement of Memorial Lutheran Church and desiring that children will:
- Go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:20)
- Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)
- By love serve one another (Galatians 5:13)
- The Holy Scriptures are the inerrant Word of God, to be used for the teaching and equipping of saints of all ages.
- The spiritual dimension is of paramount importance and that it is also essential to develop the emotional, social, intellectual and physical dimensions of the child.
- The Law shows us our sin, but the Gospel brings forgiveness and the power to love and treat others as Christ loves and treats us.
- Christ-like, loving and caring staff members are essential to the growth of the child.
- Our school is an integral part of our church's mission and ministry to young children and their families.
- Our school is a partnership that involves our church, community, staff, the family and the child.
- Play is important to a child, therefore we teach through play and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Daily occurrences offer teachable moments relating to Jesus.
- Texas District Lutheran School Accreditation Commission
- National Lutheran School Accreditation Commission
- Recognition by the Texas Education Agency